LG V20 is a high-quality Android smartphone, which comes out with 5.7 inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen powered by 2.15 GHz quad-core processor along with 4 GB RAM and it runs on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system. If you have got this device and looking for a way to unlock its bootloader then you are in the right page as I have given a tutorial to unlock bootloader on LG V20 here.
By following the tutorial given here, you will be able to unlock bootloader on LG V20 and thereby get the ability to gain root privileges in your smartphone.
WARNING: Unlocking the bootloader on LG V20 might sometimes get your device corrupted. So, don’t held us liable if anything wrong happens to your device while following this tutorial.
1) Before getting started with this procedure, take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps.
2) Next, download LG V20 USB driver and install it in your computer. Only by doing this, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
3) Now, enable “Developer Options” in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the build number for 5-7 times to enable Developer Options). Once done, enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options.
4) Make sure that your device has atleast 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the procedure. Also, ensure that you have deactivated antivirus applications in your computer as they tend to disrupt the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the procedure given below.
Tutorial To Unlock Bootloader On LG V20:
1) To get started, download Minimal ADB and Fastboot and install it in your computer. Once done, launch its window.
2) Now, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. Once done, reboot your device into the fastboot / bootloader mode by entering the following command in Minimal ADB and Fastboot:
adb reboot bootloader
Once you enter the above command, your device will boot into the fastboot / bootloader mode.
3) Next, unlock bootloader on LG V20 by entering the following command:
fastboot oem unlock
It will take a minute or two for unlocking the bootloader on your device.
4) Once your device’s bootloader is unlocked, reboot your device normally by entering the following command:
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished unlocking the bootloader on LG V20 Android smartphone. If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.