Xolo One HD is a slim and quality Android smartphone, which comes with 5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display, powered by 1.3 GHz Quad -core processor along with 1 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 5.0.1 (Lollipop) operating system. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right place as I have given a tutorial to root Xolo One HD Android Smartphone here.
By following the rooting tutorial given here, you can able to root Xolo One HD smartphone without using a computer. Once the device is rooted, you can be able to remove unwanted pre-installed applications, install custom recoveries (TWRP or CWM), install custom-built Android apps, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Xolo smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot your device. So, think well about this before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) Make sure that your smartphone has at least 50-60% of battery backup in it as the rooting process is a time-consuming one.
2) The rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process but it is safe to take a complete backup of your personal data in your smartphone. So, take it using appropriate apps.
3) Now, enable the “Unknown Sources” by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources for installing apps from sources other than Google Play Store.
After finishing all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Xolo One HD:
1) To get started, download Kingroot app to your Xolo One HD device. Once downloaded, tap on kingroot.apk to install the app in your smartphone.
2) After installing kingroot, launch it in your device. Since your device is not rooted, you will get the following message: Root Access Is Unavailable.
3) Now, click on “Start Root” blue button to begin the rooting process. During the rooting process, you will get the following message: Rooting. Plz don’t worry if your device reboot.
4) Once the rooting process is finished, you will get the following message: Root Successfully.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Xolo One HD without computer. For confirmation, open up your Apps menu and look for KingUser app. If you can find it there, your device is successfully rooted. Alternatively, you can confirm the root privileges of your smartphone by using the Root Checker app.
If you would like to replace the KingUser app (installed by Kingroot) with SuperSU, follow our guide to replace KingUser with SuperSU. Also, if you would like to unroot Xolo One HD smartphone, you can follow our guide to remove kinguser and unroot Android device.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.