Xiaomi Mi 4i is a good quality Android smartphone which comes with 5 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by 1.7 GHz quad-core processor along with 2 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating system. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right page as I have given a step by step tutorial to root Xiaomi Mi 4i here.
By following the tutorial given here, you will be able to root Xiaomi Mi 4i smartphone and thereby get the ability to install custom ROM firmware’s (which are running on newer Android versions), remove pre-installed applications (which are just blocking the memory space in your device), etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Xiaomi smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back until you unroot your device. So, think well about it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) Although the rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process, it won’t hurt to have a backup of your personal data in your smartphone. So, take a complete backup of your personal data for safety purpose.
2) Next, download Xiaomi Mi 4i USB driver and install it in your computer. Only by installing the USB drivers, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
3) Now, enable Developer Options in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 7 times to enable Developer Options). Next, enable USB debugging mode by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging.
4) Make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it as the rooting process is a battery consuming one. Also, ensure that you have deactivated or uninstalled antivirus programs from your computer as they tend to interrupt the rooting process.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Xiaomi Mi 4i Smartphone:
1) To get started, download Xiaomi Mi 4i rooting kit and extract its content to a folder in your computer.
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. Once done, click on “rec.bat” file from the folder where you have extracted the Xiaomi Mi 4i rooting kit.
3) Once you click on “rec.bat”, Xiaomi Mi 4i rooting kit command window will open up. Now, just press “1” in your keyboard to start the rooting process.
4) Your smartphone will boot into Fastboot mode automatically to carry out the rooting process. After 4-5 minutes the rooting procedure will be finished and your device will reboot.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Xiaomi Mi 4i Android smartphone. For confirmation, open up your Apps menu and look for SuperSU app. If you can find it there, your device is successfully rooted. Alternatively, you can confirm the rooting procedure by using the Root Checker for Android app from Google Play Store.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.