The Vivo Y51 is a powerful Android smartphone. It is powered by 1.2GHz Octo-core Quad-core processor and it comes with 2GB of RAM. The device runs on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating system. If you own this device and looking for a way to gain root privileges you are in the right page as I have given a tutorial to root Vivo Y51 here.
By following the tutorial given here, you will be able to root Vivo Y51 Android smartphone. Once you have gained root privileges, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware, custom-built Android applications, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Vivo Y51 smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it unless you unroot your device. So, think well about it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) Although the rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process, it won’t hurt to take a backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take complete backup using appropriate apps before proceeding with the rooting procedure.
2) Make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before proceeding further with the rooting tutorial.
3) Now, enable “Unknown Sources” in your device by following this path: Settings -> Device Administration -> Unknown Sources. Only by doing so, you will be able to install the “KingRoot” non-market app for rooting your device.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
Steps To Root Vivo Y51:
1) To get started, download KingRoot apk and install it in your smartphone.
2) Once the Kingroot app is installed, launch the application. Since your device isn’t rooted yet, you will get the message “Root access is unavailable“. Now, click on “Start Root” blue button to launch the rooting process.
3) Once you click the blue button, Kingroot will start rooting your device. While doing so, you will get the “Rooting. Plz don’t worry if your device reboot!” message with a progress bar.
4) Once the rooting process is finished, you will get the “Root Successfully” message in the Kingroot app.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Vivo Y51 Android smartphone without using a PC or Laptop computer. For confirmation, open up your Apps Menu and look for Kinguser app. If you can find it there, you device is successfully rooted. Alternatively you will use the Root Checker app to confirm the root privileges of your device.
If you would like to use SuperSU app rather than the Kinguser app (which comes with KingRoot), follow our guide to replace Kinguser with SuperSU. Also, if you would like to unroot your Vivo Y51 smartphone, check out our guide to remove kinguser and unroot your smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments.