Vivo V5 is a good looking and quality Android smartphone, which comes with 5.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display powered by Octa-core processor along with 4 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) Operating system. If you own this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, then you are in the right webpage as I have given a tutorial to root Vivo V5 here.
By following the rooting tutorial given here, you can be able to root Vivo V5 smartphone without using a PC or Laptop computer. Once you have rooted your device, you can able to uninstall preinstalled system applications, install custom ROM firmwares and custom built Android applications, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Vivo V5 smartphone will null its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back until you unroot your device. So, think well about it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) The rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process but it won’t hurt to have a backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take a complete backup of your personal data using appropriate apps.
2) Ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, ensure that you have uninstalled antivirus programs from your device as they tend to disrupt the rooting procedure.
3) Now, enable “Unknown Sources” in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources. Only by enabling this option, you can be able to install non-market app “Framaroot” that is required for rooting your device.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting procedure given below.
Tutorial To Root Vivo V5 Without PC:
1) To get started, download Framaroot and install it in your device. Once the app is installed, launch it in your smartphone.
2) Next, under the “Select an action to execute after root“, choose “Install Superuser“. Once done, click on “Gandalf” under the list of exploits.
3) Framaroot will take one or two minutes to root your device once it does, you will get a success message stating Superuser and SU binary installed in your device. It will also ask you to reboot your smartphone.
4) Just reboot your smartphone to finish the rooting procedure.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Vivo V5 Android smartphone without using a PC or Laptop computer. To confirm the root privileges in your smartphone use the Root Checker for Android app from Google Play Store.
If you encounter any issues while following the rooting procedure given here, do let me know via comments.