Sony Xperia M5 is a decent quality smartphone from Sony, which comes with 5.0 inch touch display powered by a 2.0 GHz Octa-core processor along with 3 GB RAM and it runs on Android V5.0.1 (Lollipop) operating system. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to gain root privileges in it, then you are in the right place as I have given a tutorial to root Sony Xperia M5 without PC here.
By following the tutorial given here, you will be able to root Sony Xperia M5 smartphone and get the ability to install custom ROM firmware’s (which are using latest Android versions), custom built Android applications, custom recovery (CWM or TWRP recovery), etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Sony smartphone will null its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot your device. So, think well about it before getting started with the rooting tutorial given here.
1) Although the rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process, it won’t hurt to take a backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take a complete backup using appropriate apps before proceeding with the rooting procedure.
2) Make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before proceeding further with the rooting tutorial.
3) Next, enable “Unknown Sources” in your Sony device by following this path: Settings -> Device Administration -> Unknown Sources. Only by doing so, you will be able to install the “KingRoot” non-market app for rooting your device.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Sony Xperia M5 Without PC:
1) To get started, download KingRoot apk and install it in your smartphone.
2) Once the Kingroot app is installed, launch the application. Since your device isn’t rooted yet, you will get the message “Root access is unavailable“. Now, click on “Start Root” blue button to launch the rooting process.
3) Once you click the blue button, Kingroot will start rooting your device. While doing so, you will get the “Rooting. Plz don’t worry if your device reboot!” message with a progress bar.
4) Once the rooting process is finished, you will get the “Root Successfully” message in the Kingroot app.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Sony Xperia M5 Android smartphone without using a PC or Laptop computer. For confirmation, open up your Apps Menu and look for Kinguser app. If you can find it there, you device is successfully rooted. Alternatively you will use the Root Checker app to confirm the root privileges of your device.
If you would like to use SuperSU app rather than the Kinguser app (which comes with KingRoot), follow our guide to replace Kinguser with SuperSU. Also, if you would like to unroot your Sony Xperia M5 smartphone, check out our guide to remove kinguser and unroot your smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments.