Sony Ericsson Neo V is a best looking and quality smartphone, which comes with 3.7 inches touchscreen display powered by 1.0 GHz Dual-core processor along with 512 MB RAM and the device, runs on Android v2.3.4 (Gingerbread) operating system. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right webpage as I have given a step by step tutorial to root Sony Ericsson Neo V here.
By following the rooting tutorial given here, you can be able to root Sony Ericsson Neo V smartphone and get the ability to custom-made recoveries (TWRP or CWM recovery), custom-built Android applications install custom ROM firmware’s, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Sony Ericsson smartphone will null its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot your device. So, think about it before proceeding with the rooting procedure.
1) Make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
2) Although the rooting process given here is not a data-loss process, it won’t hurt to have a backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take a backup before getting started with the rooting tutorial.
3) Now, enable Unknown Sources in your device by following this path: Settings -> Application Settings -> Unknown Sources (tick the box to enable it). Once you enable this option, your device will allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V:
1) To get started, download Framaroot app to your device. Once downloaded, tap on the .apk file to install the application in your smartphone.
2) Next, open the Framaroot app in your device.
3) Now, select “Install SuperSU” as the action to execute after root. Once done, click on “Boromir” exploit to launch the rooting procedure.
4) Once the rooting process is finished, you will get the following message: Success! Superuser and SU binary installed. You have to reboot your device. Click “Ok” and reboot your device to finish the rooting process.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Sony Ericsson Neo V smartphone. For confirmation, look for SuperSU app in your device. If you can find it there, then your device is successfully rooted. Alternatively, you can confirm the same by using the root checker for Android app!
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.