Samsung Galaxy S6 is a quality Android smartphone, which comes with a 5.1 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display powered by 1.5 GHz Octa-core processor, along with a 3 GB RAM and it runs on Android V5.0.2 (Lollipop) operating system which is upgradeable upto Android V6.0.1 (Marshmallow). If you own this smartphone and looking for a way to gain root permissions, well then you are in the right webpage. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy S6 without using a computer.
By rooting your Samsung Android smartphone, you will be able to uninstall the pre-installed applications which are just occupying the unwanted space, install custom-built applications (which only supports devices with root privileges), upgrade Android firmware version in your device by installing custom ROM firmware and do a lot more things.
WARNING: Rooting your Samsung smartphone will null its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it unless you unroot your Android smartphone. So, think well about it before rooting your device.
1) Make sure that your smartphone has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, make sure that you uninstall or deactivate antivirus applications in your smartphone as they tend to disrupt the rooting procedure.
2) Next, take complete backup of personal data like contacts, music, pictures, etc. Although the rooting procedure I have given here is not a data-loss process, to be on the safer side take a backup using appropriate app.
3) Now, enable “Unknown Sources” in your device by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown Sources. Without enabling this option, you won’t be able to install apps from other sources apart from Google Play Store.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy S6:
1) To get started, download Framaroot and install it in your device. Once the app is installed, launch it in your smartphone.
2) Next, under the “Select an action to execute after root“, choose “Install Superuser“. Once done, click on “Gandalf” under the list of exploits.
3) Framaroot will take one or two minutes to root your device once it does, you will get a success message stating Superuser and SU binary installed in your device. It will also ask you to reboot your smartphone.
4) Just reboot your smartphone to finish the rooting procedure.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Samsung Galaxy S6 Android smartphone without using a PC or Laptop computer. To confirm the root privileges in your smartphone use the Root Checker for Android app from Google Play Store.
If you encounter any issues while following the rooting procedure given here, do let me know via comments.