Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190) is a price worthy android smartphone which comes with 4.0 inch Super AMOLED touchscreen display powered by 1.0 GHz dual core processor along with 1 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it then you are in the right page. I have given a tutorial to root Samsung galaxy S3 Mini smartphone here.
You will be able to root your Galaxy S3 Mini smartphone by using the following rooting tutorial given here, and get the ability to remove pre-installed system applications, install custom ROM firmware’s, install custom built Android applications, custom recoveries and do a lot more things.
WARNING: Rooting your Samsung smartphone will null your device warranty and you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot your device. So, think well about it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) First, download Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini USB driver and install it in your computer. By doing this you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer.
2) Next, take a complete backup of your personal data in your smartphone using Samsung Kies or similar apps. This step is for safety purpose.
3) Now, enable the USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings ->Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t see the developer options in your device Settings, then enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the Build Number for 5-7 times to enable it).
4) Ensure that your device has at least 60% battery backup, as the rooting process is always a time-consuming one and if your device gets switched off in the middle of rooting process due to lack of battery backup, it will get bricked.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move on to rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190):
1) To get started, download iRoot (formerly vRoot) and install the application in your computer. Once done, launch iRoot in your PC.
2) Now, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB driver of your device in the computer properly, then iRoot will identify your device.
3) Next, click on the green “Root” button to begin the rooting process. Once the rooting process gets completed, your device will automatically reboots.
4) Now, click the “Complete” button and unplug your smartphone.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (I8190) Android smartphone using iRoot. For confirmation, open up your Apps menu and look for Superuser app. If you can find it there, then your device is successfully rooted. Alternatively, you can use the Root Checker app from Google play store to confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.