Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (GT-I9060) is a grand looking Android smartphone from Samsung Mobiles. The device comes with 5.1 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen display powered by 1.2 GHz quad-core processor along with a 1 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system. If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to root it then you are in the right place as I have given a step by step tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (GT-I9060) smartphone here.
By following the rooting tutorial given here, you can be able to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (GT-I9060) smartphone successfully and get the ability to install stock ROM firmware’s, custom recovery (CWM or TWRP), custom ROM firmware’s, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Samsung smartphone will null its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back unless you unroot your smartphone. So, think well about it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) Before getting started with a rooting procedure, it is extremely important to take complete backup of your personal data in your smartphone. So, take a backup before proceeding with the rooting tutorial.
2) Then, make sure that you have deactivated all antivirus programs from your computer as they tend to disrupt the rooting procedure. Also, ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting process.
3) Now, enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t see the Developer options in your settings screen, enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for several times).
4) Download and install Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo USB driver in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with your Laptop or PC computer successfully.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (GT-I9060) Android Smartphone:
1) To get started, download Kingo Root application and install it in your computer. Once done, launch the Kingo Root window in your computer.
2) Now, connect your Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (GT-I9060) smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers of your smartphone properly in your computer, Kingo Root will identify your device and will show the root button as shown in the screenshot below.
3) Next, click on the “Root” button to begin the rooting procedure. Kingo Root will take a minute or two to finish rooting your device and once it does, you will get the “Root Succeeded” message with the “Finish” button.
4) Now, click on the “Finish” button to reboot your smartphone. Upon rebooting, you can unplug your device from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (GT-I9060) android smartphone. For confirmation, use the Root Checker for Android app and check the root privileges in your device. Also, if you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments.