Micromax Bolt A26 is a quality android smartphone which comes with 3.5 inches TFT touchscreen display powered by 1.0 GHz processor along with 256 MB RAM and the device runs on Android V2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system. If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, then you are in the right place as I have given a tutorial to root Micromax Bolt A26 here.
You can be able to root Micromax Bolt A26 smartphone by using the following tutorial given here and get the ability to custom-made recoveries (TWRP or CWM recovery), custom-built Android applications and install custom ROM firmware’s etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Micromax smartphone will null your device warranty and you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot it. So, think well before processing with the rooting procedure.
1) Make sure that your device has at least 60% battery backup, as the rooting process is always a time-consuming process.
2) Although this rooting process is not a data-loss process, it won’t hurt to have a backup of your personal data in your device. So, take a complete backup before getting started with the rooting tutorial.
3) Next, enable “Unknown Sources” in your device by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown Sources. Without enabling this option, you won’t be able to install apps from other sources apart from Google Play Store.
4) Now, download Micromax Bolt A26 USB Driver and install it in your computer. By doing this you will be able to connect your device with your computer.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move on to rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial to Root Micromax Bolt A26:
1) To get started, download iRoot (formerly vRoot) and install the application in your computer. Once done, launch iRoot in your PC.
2) Now, connect your smartphone to the computer using original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB driver of your device in the computer properly, then iRoot will identify your device.
3) Next, click on the green “Root” button to begin the rooting process. Once the rooting process gets completed, your device will automatically reboot.
4) Now, click the “complete” button and unplug your smartphone.
That’s it. Now, you have successfully finished rooting Micromax Bolt A26 smartphone using iRoot One-Click Rooting tool. For confirmation install Root Checker for android in your device and confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, drop a comment below.