The Lyf Water 5 is a powerful Android smartphone. It is powered by 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor and it comes with 2GB of RAM. The device runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system. If you own this device and looking for a way to gain root privileges you are in the right page as I have given a tutorial to root Lyf Water 5 here.
By following the tutorial given here, you will be able to flash TWRP recovery and root Lyf Water 5 Android smartphone. Once you have gained root privileges, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware, custom-built Android applications, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Lyf Water 5 smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it unless you unroot your device. So, think well about it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) First, make sure that you have deactivated all antivirus applications in your smartphone as they tend to interrupt the rooting procedure.
2) Then, ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
3) Next, take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps.
4) Now, enable the USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings ->Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t see the developer options in your device Settings, then enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the Build Number for 5-7 times to enable it)
Once you finish all these preliminary tasks, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Lyf Water 5:
1) To get started, download Lyf Water 5 rooting kit and extract it to your computer. In the extracted folder, you will find “ADBDriverInstaller.exe”. Install it in your computer.
2) Now switch off your smartphone and connect it to your computer. Next boot your device into the Fastboot/bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power buttons.
3) Once your device boots into the bootloader mode, open up the rooting kit folder (Step 1) and click “Start.bat“. It will open up a command prompt window. Choose Option 1 to start the rooting procedure.
4) Your device might reboot several times during the rooting procedure. So, don’t panic.
5) Once the rooting process is finished, your device will boot normally. Now you can unplug your smartphone from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Lyf Water 5 Android smartphone. For confirmation, use Root Checker for Android application and confirm root privileges in your device.
Let’s find out the tutorial for flashing TWRP recovery in your device.
Steps To Flash TWRP Recovery In Lyf Water 5:
2) Once done, download TWRP recovery for Lyf Water 5, extract the zip file and save the TWRP image file (TWRP_V184.108.40.206_LS-5007.img) in the installation folder of Minimal ADB and Fastboot (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot).
3) Now connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable and launch Minimal ADB and Fastboot window.
4) Enter the following command in Minimal ADB and fastboot to reboot your device into fastboot/bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
5) Now enter the following command to flash TWRP recovery in your device:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP_V220.127.116.11_LS-5007.img
6) Once the flashing process is finished, enter the following command to reboot your device:
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished flashing TWRP recovery in your Lyf Water 5 smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following both these tutorials, do let me know via comments.