LG Optimus L9 is a price worthy android smartphone which comes with 4.7 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display powered by 1.0 GHz Dual-core processor along with 1 GB RAM and the device runs on Android V 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system. If you own this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, then you are in the right place. I have given a tutorial to root LG Optimus L9 smartphone here.
You can be able to root LG Optimus L9 smartphone by using the following rooting tutorial given here and get the ability to install custom ROM firmware’s, custom recoveries, remove pre-installed system applications and do a lot more things.
WARNING: Rooting your LG Optimus L9 smartphone will void your device warranty, and you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot your device. So, think well about it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) First, take a complete backup of your personal data on your smartphone. This step is for safety purpose.
2) Then, make sure that your device has at least 50% to 60% of battery backup, as the rooting process is always a time-consuming one and if your device gets switched off in the middle of the rooting process due to lack of battery backup, it will get bricked.
3) Next, enable the USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings ->Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t see the developer options in your device Settings, then enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the Build Number for 5-7 times to enable it).
4) Now, download LG Optimus L9 USB driver and install it on your computer. By doing this, you will be able to connect your smartphone to the computer.
After finishing all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root LG Optimus L9 Android Smartphone:
1) To get started, download kingoroot for windows and install it in your computer. Once the installation is completed, launch its window.
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. If you haven’t installed the USB driver of your device in the computer properly, Kingo Root will automatically download the required USB drivers and install it.
3) After the installation of USB driver, you will get the following message: LG Optimus L9 Normal Mode. Root Status: No. Now, click on the “Root” button to begin the rooting process.
4) It will take one or two minutes for Kingo Root to finish the rooting process and once it is finished, you will get the message “Root Succeeded”.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting LG Optimus L9 smartphone. For confirmation, install Root Checker for Android in your device and confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments.