HTC One M8 is a good android smartphone which comes with 5.0 inches Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen display powered by 2.3 GHz Quad-core processor along with 2 GB RAM and the device runs on Android V4.4.2 (Kit Kat) operating system. If you own this smartphone and looking for a way to root it then you are in the right webpage. I have given a tutorial to root HTC One M8 smartphone here.
You can be able to root HTC One M8 smartphone by using the following rooting tutorial given here, and get the ability to remove pre-installed system applications, custom recoveries, install custom ROM firmware’s and do a lot more things.
WARNING: Rooting your HTC smartphone will void your device warranty and you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot your device. So, think well about it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) First, take a complete backup of your personal data in your smartphone. This step is for safety purpose.
2) Then, make sure that your device has at least 50% to 60% of battery backup, as the rooting process is always a time-consuming one and if your device gets switched off in the middle of rooting process due to lack of battery backup, it will get bricked.
3) Next, enable “Unknown Sources” in your device by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown Sources. Without enabling this option, you won’t be able to install apps from other sources apart from Google Play Store.
4) Now, download HTC One M8 USB driver and install it in your computer. By doing this you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer.
After finishing all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root HTC One M8 Android Smartphone:
1) To get started, download kingoroot for windows and install it in your computer. Once the installation is completed, launch its window.
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. If you haven’t installed the USB driver of your device in the computer properly, Kingo Root will automatically download the required USB drivers and install it.
3) After the installation of USB driver, you will get the following message: HTC One M8 Normal Mode. Root Status: No. Now, click on the “Root” button to begin the rooting process.
4) It will take one or two minutes for Kingo Root to finish the rooting process and once it is finished, you will get the message “Root Succeeded”.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting HTC One M8 smartphone. For confirmation, install Root Checker for android in your device and confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments.