Gionee Elife S5.5 is a decent and quality android smartphone which comes with 5.0 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display powered by 1.7 GHz octa-core processor along with 2 GB RAM and the device runs on Android V4.2 (Jelly Bean) upgradable to Android 4.4 (Kitkat) operating system. If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, then you are in the right place as I have given a tutorial to root Gionee Elife S5.5 here.
You can be able to root Gionee Elife S5.5 smartphone by using the following tutorial given here and get the ability to custom-made recoveries (TWRP or CWM recovery), install custom ROM firmware’s, custom-built Android applications, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Gionee smartphone will null your device warranty and you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot it. So, think well before processing with the rooting procedure.
1) Although this rooting process is not a data-loss process, it won’t hurt to have a backup of your personal data in your device. So, take a complete backup before getting started with the rooting tutorial.
2) Ensure that your device has at least 50% to 60% of battery backup, as the rooting process is always a time-consuming one and if your device gets switched off in the middle of rooting process due to lack of battery backup, it will get bricked.
3) Enable USB Debugging in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t find the Developer Options in your Settings page, enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tapping on Build Number for 5-7 times to enable it).
4) Now, download Gionee Elife S 5.5 USB Driver and install it in your computer. By doing this you will be able to connect your device with your computer.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move on to rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial to Root Gionee Elife S5.5:
1) To get started, download iRoot (formerly vRoot) and install the application in your computer. Once done, launch iRoot in your PC.
2) Now, connect your smartphone to the computer using original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB driver of your device in the computer properly, then iRoot will identify your device.
3) Next, click on the green “Root” button to begin the rooting process. Once the rooting process gets completed, your device will automatically reboot.
4) Now, click the “complete” button and unplug your smartphone.
That’s it. Now, you have successfully finished rooting Gionee Elife S5.5 smartphone using iRoot One-Click Rooting tool. For confirmation install Root Checker for android in your device and confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, drop a comment below.