Coolpad Note 5 is a best and quality Android smartphone, which comes with 5.5 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display, powered by 1.5 GHz Octa-core processor along with 4 GB RAM and the device runs on Android V 6.0 (Marshmallow) operating system. If you own this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right place as I have given a step by step tutorial to root Coolpad Note 5 here.
This procedure doesn’t require any PC or Laptop to root your device. So, just root your device without using a computer and get the ability to custom-built Android applications, remove pre-installed applications, install custom ROM firmware’s, Etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Coolpad smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it unless you unroot your smartphone. So, think well about it before proceeding with this rooting procedure.
1) Make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
2) Then, ensure that you have deactivated all antivirus applications in your smartphone as they tend to interrupt the rooting procedure.
3) The rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process but it won’t hurt to have a backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take a complete backup before getting started with the rooting process.
4) Now, enable the USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings ->Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t see the developer options in your device Settings, then enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the Build Number for 5-7 times to enable it).
Once you finish all these preliminary tasks, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
Root Coolpad Note 5 without PC:
1) To get started, download KingRoot apk and install it in your smartphone.
2) Once the Kingroot app is installed, launch the application. Since your device isn’t rooted yet, you will get the message “Root access is unavailable“. Now, click on “Start Root” blue button to launch the rooting process.
3) Once you click the blue button, Kingroot will start rooting your device. While doing so, you will get the “Rooting. Plz don’t worry if your device reboot!” message with a progress bar.
4) Once the rooting process is finished, you will get the “Root Successfully” message in the Kingroot app.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Coolpad Note 5 Android smartphone without using a PC or Laptop computer. For confirmation, open up your Apps Menu and look for Kinguser app. If you can find it there, you device is successfully rooted. Alternatively you will use the Root Checker app to confirm the root privileges of your device.
If you would like to use SuperSU app rather than the Kinguser app (which comes with KingRoot), follow our guide to replace Kinguser with SuperSU. Also, if you would like to unroot your Coolpad Note 5 smartphone, check out our guide to remove kinguser and unroot your smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments.