Sony Xperia E (C1504) is a mid-range Android smartphone, which comes with a 3.5 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen display powered by 1 GHz coretx-A5 based processor, along with a 512 MB RAM and it runs on Android 4.1 Jellybean operating system. If you own this smartphone and looking for a way to gain root permissions, well then you are in the right webpage. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Sony Xperia E without using a computer.
By rooting your Sony Android smartphone, you will be able to uninstall the pre-installed applications which are just occupying the unwanted space, install custom-built applications (which only supports devices with root privileges), upgrade Android firmware version in your device by installing custom ROM firmware and do a lot more things.
WARNING: Rooting your Sony smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it unless you unroot your Android smartphone. So, think well about it before rooting your device.
1) The first task to do before rooting your smartphone is to take complete backup of personal data like contacts, music, pictures, etc. Although the rooting procedure I have given here is not a data-loss process, to be on the safer side take a backup using appropriate app.
2) Next, enable “Installation from Unknown Sources” in your smartphone for installing the “Framaroot” app (one-click rooting application). To enable the option, follow this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown sources (just tap on it).
3) Make sure that your smartphone has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, make sure that you uninstall or deactivate antivirus applications in your smartphone as they tend to disrupt the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Sony Xperia E (C1504) Without Computer:
1) To get started, download Framaroot app to your device. Once downloaded, install it in your smartphone by clicking on the .apk file. While doing so, you will get Android security warning message. Just ignore it and install the app in your smartphone.
2) Once installed, launch the application in your device by clicking on its icon under your smartphone’s Apps Menu.
3) Now, select “Install Superuser” under “Select an action to execute after root“. Next, click on “Gandalf” under “Select an exploit in list above to potentially root your device” to begin the rooting process.
4) Framaroot will take a minute or two to root your device and once the rooting process is finished, you will get the following message: Success. Superuser and SU binary installed. You have to reboot your device.
5) Now, reboot your device to finish the rooting procedure.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Sony Xperia E (C1504) android smartphone without using a computer. To confirm whether you have successfully rooted your smartphone, open up your Apps Menu and look for SuperSU app. If you can find it there, then the rooting procedure is successful. Alternatively, you can install and use the Root Checker app to verify your root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while trying to root your Sony smartphone by following the above tutorial, drop a comment below.