Sony Xperia C3 Dual is a good quality Android smartphone, which comes with 5.5 inch IPS LCD Triluminos touchscreen display powered by 1.2 GHz quad-core processor along with 1 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system which is upgradable upto Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right page as I have given a tutorial to root Sony Xperia C3 Dual here.
By following the rooting tutorial given here, you will be able to root Sony Xperia C3 Dual (D2502, D2503) smartphone without using a computer. Once the device is rooted, you will be able to remove unwanted pre-installed applications, install custom-built Android apps, install custom recoveries (TWRP or CWM), etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Sony smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it until the device is unrooted. So, think well about this before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) The rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process but it is safe to take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take it using Sony PC suite.
2) Next, enable “Unknown Sources” by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources. Only by enabling this option, your device will allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
3) At last, make sure that your smartphone has at least 50-60% battery backup in it as the rooting process is a time-consuming one.
Upon finishing all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Sony Xperia C3 Dual Without Computer:
1) To get started, download Kingroot app to your Sony Xperia C3 Dual device. Once downloaded, tap on kingroot.apk to install the app in your smartphone.
2) After installing kingroot, launch it in your device. Since your device is not rooted, you will get the following message: Root Access Is Unavailable.
3) Now, click on “Start Root” blue button to begin the rooting process. During the rooting process, you will get the following message: Rooting. Plz don’t worry if your device reboot.
4) Once the rooting process is finished, you will get the following message: Root Successfully.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Sony Xperia C3 Dual without computer. For confirmation, open up your Apps menu and look for KingUser app. If you can find it there, your device is successfully rooted. Alternatively, you can confirm the root privileges of your smartphone by using the Root Checker for Android app.
If you would like to replace the KingUser app (installed by Kingroot) with SuperSU, follow our guide to replace KingUser with SuperSU. Also, if you would like to unroot Sony Xperia C3 Dual smartphone, you can follow our guide to remove kinguser and unroot Android device.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.