Since most users have complained that the tutorial given here wasn’t working for them, I have provided an updated tutorial here: How To Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562) Without PC!
Samsung Galaxy S Duos is a good Android smartphone, which comes with a 4 inch touchscreen display which is powered by a 1 GHz cortex-A5 processor and it runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to increase its performance, then you should root your device. If you don’t know how to root Samsung Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562) then you are in the right page.
Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to Samsung Galaxy S Duos without using a PC / Laptop computer. By following this tutorial, you can root your device and install custom ROM firmware, upgrade Android firmware and do a lot other things.
WARNING: Rooting your Samsung Smartphone will void its warranty and the only way you can get it back is by unrooting your device. So, think about it long and hard before getting started with the procedure.
1) Before getting started with the rooting procedure, it is important to take backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take a complete backup using appropriate apps.
2) Next, enable “Installation from Unknown Sources” by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown Sources (just tap on it to allow installation of non-market apps).
3) Make sure that you have de-activated or uninstalled antivirus applications in your smartphone as they tend to disrupt the rooting process.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting procedure given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos (S7562) Without PC:
1) To get started, download Poot-debug.apk to your smartphone. While downloading you will get “This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep Poot-debug.apk anyway?” message. Click “Ok” to finish downloading the apk file.
2) Next, click on the download APK file to begin the installation process. Once done, you will see the Poot Installation screen. Just click on “Install” as shown in the screenshot below.
3) Once the installation process is over, you will see the “Application Installed” success. Now, click on “Open” to launch the Poot application.
4) Now, you will get the “The Application requires Ministro service. Would you like to install it?” message. Just click on “Ok“.
5) Your device will redirect to the “Ministro” app page in Google Play Store. Now, click on “Install” to begin installing “Ministro Service” in your device.
6) Once the Ministro app is installed, launch the Poot Application again. Now, you will get “Poot needs extra libraries to run. Do you want to download them now?“. Click on “Ok“.
7) Now, Poot will begin downloading extra libraries which are required for rooting your Samsung smartphone.
8) Once the extra libraries are downloaded and installed, you will be taken to the Poot home screen where you will see the following two options: “Press Here To Poot” and “Built-in rootcheck“. Click on “Press here to Poot“.
9) Now, Poot will begin rooting your device first by extracting your device look and feel information and then by extracting the SSL certificates.
10) Once the rooting process gets finished, you will get the “Done Pooting” message as shown in the screenshot below. Now, click on “Get Superuser” to begin installing the Superuser app.
11) Now, you will be taken to the “Superuser” application page in Google Play store. Click on “Install” for installing Superuser app in your device.
12) Once Superuser app is installed, you can manage root permissions using this application.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Samsung Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562) smartphone without using PC or Laptop Computer. For confirmation, install Root Checker app in your device and find out whether your device is successfully rooted or not.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know by dropping a comment below.