Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 is a decent quality Android smartphone, which comes with 4 inch TFT touchscreen display powered by 1.2 GHz dual-core processor along with a 768 MB RAM and the device runs on Android 4.2.2 Jellybean operating system. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right place as I have given a tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 GT-S7582 here.
By following the rooting tutorial given here, you will be able to root your Galaxy S Duos 2 smartphone thereby getting the ability to remove pre-installed system applications, install custom ROM firmware of your choice, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Samsung smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back unless you unroot it. So, think well about it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) First, download Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 USB driver and install it in your computer. Only by doing so, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer.
2) Next, take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using Samsung Kies or similar apps. This step is for safety purpose.
3) Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t see the Developer Options in your device Settings, then enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the Build Number for 5-7 times to enable it).
4) Make sure that your device has at least 60% battery backup in it as the rooting process is always a time consuming one and if your device gets switched off in the middle of rooting process due to lack of battery backup, it will get bricked.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move on to the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 GT-S7582:
1) To get started, download iRoot (formerly vRoot) and install the application in your computer. Once done, launch iRoot in your PC.
2) Now, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers of your device in the computer properly, then iRoot will identify your device.
3) Next, click on the green “Root” button to begin the rooting process. Once the rooting process gets completed, your device will automatically reboots.
4) Now, click on “Complete” button and unplug your smartphone.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 GT-S7582 Android smartphone using iRoot. For confirmation, open up your Apps menu and look for Superuser app. If you can find it there, then your device is successfully rooted. Alternatively, you can use the Root Checker app from Google Play store to confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.