Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is a top quality Android Phablet (a combination of smartphone and tablet), which comes with 5.7 inch super AMOLED touchscreen display powered by 2.1 GHz cortex-A57 processor and it runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, well then you are in the right page as I have given a tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
By following the tutorial given below, you will be able to root almost all variants of Samsung Galaxy Note 5 by installing a custom kernel. Once you have gained root privileges in Galaxy Note 5, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware’s, install custom-built Android applications, and a lot more things with it.
WARNING: I should not be held responsible for any damages happens to your device while following this rooting procedure. Also, rooting will void your warranty as well. So, beware of these things before getting started with the tutorial given below.
1) To get started, take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using Samsung Kies or using similar application.
2) Next, download Samsung Galaxy Note 5 driver and install it in your computer. Only by installing USB driver, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
3) Now you will need to enable Developer Options in your device by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 5-7 times). Once enabled, you will need to enable “OEM Unlocking” by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM Unlocking (enable it for allowing the bootloader to be unlocked).
4) Make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, ensure that you have disabled antivirus as they tend to interrupt the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 5:
1) To get started, follow this path: Settings -> About Phone and ensure that your device has any of the following build numbers:
a) N920T (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – T-Mobile Variant)
b) N920C (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – International Variant)
c) N920i (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – International Variant)
d) N920W8 (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – Canadian Variant)
e) N920P (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – Sprint Variant)
f) N920K (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – Korean Variant)
g) N920S (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – Korean Variant)
h) N920L (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – Korean Variant)
If you Galaxy Note 5 build number is different from the ones given above, then don’t follow this procedure.
2) Next, download Noble Kernel (custom Kernel) for your device based on the build number:
Once downloaded, extract the zip package to get the .tar.md5 file.
3) Now, download Odin (latest version), extract the zip package and click on the Odin3 v3.10.7.exe to launch its Window. Once done, switch off your smartphone and boot it into the Download Mode by pressing and holding the Power button, Home button and Volume button simultaneously for few seconds.
4) Once your device boots into Download mode, connect it to your computer using original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers properly, Odin will identify your device and you will see the “Added” message in the Log box of Odin.
5) Now, click on the AP button in Odin and select the Kernel (.tar.md5) file. Once done, enable “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” options in Odin and disable “Re-partition“.
6) Next, click on “Start” button in Odin to begin the flashing process. Once the flashing process gets finished, you will get a “PASS” message in Odin window and your device will get automatically rebooted as well.
7) Upon reboot, go to Google Play Store, download SuperSU app and install it in your computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 5. To confirm the root privileges in your phablet, use the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.