Samsung Galaxy A5 is a top quality Android smartphone from Samsung, which comes with 5 inch touch screen display powered by 1.2 GHz quad-core processor along with 2 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat operating system which is upgradable upto Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right page as I have given a tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy A5 here.
By following the tutorial given here, you will be able to root your Samsung Galaxy A5 smartphone and thereby get the ability to install custom ROM firmware, custom-built Android applications, custom recoveries (TWRP or CWM recovery), etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Samsung smartphone will void its warranty. Also, there is a chance that your device might get bricked by following the tutorial here. So, if your device gets bricked or if anything wrong happens to your device, don’t held me responsible. Proceed at your OWN risk.
1) To get started, take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using Samsung Kies or other similar apps.
2) Next, download Samsung Galaxy A5 USB driver and install it in your computer. Only by doing so, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
3) Now, enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t find Developer Options in your device, enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for several times to enable Developer Options).
4) Make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before proceeding with the rooting tutorial. Also, ensure that you have deactivated or uninstalled antivirus programs in your computer as they tend to disrupt the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given here.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy A5 On Android 4.4.4 Kitkat:
1) To get started, download CF Auto Root package given here based on your model number:
2) Once done, extract the root package and save the .tar.md5 file in your desktop.
3) Now, download Odin and launch the application. Next, switch off your Samsung smartphone, boot it into the Download Mode by pressing the Volume Down, Power and Home keys simultaneously and connect it to your computer using the original USB data cable.
4) If the USB drivers of your device are installed properly in your computer, Odin will show “Added” message when you connect your device.
5) Now in the Odin window, click on “PDA” button and select the .tar.md5 file from your desktop. Also, ensure that you have enable the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in Odin. Once done, click on “Start” button to launch the flashing process.
6) Once the flashing process is finished, your device will reboot automatically and you will get a “PASS” message in Odin.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your Samsung Galaxy A5 smartphone on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat operating system. If you are using Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating system, follow the guide given below to root your device.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy A5 On Android 5.0.2 Lollipop:
1) To get started, download Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM for your Samsung smartphone. Once done, rename the file by removing the .md5 extension at the end of it. Once done, you will have a .tar file.
2) Now, extract the .tar file to a folder in your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable and transfer recovery.img and boot.img from the ROM extracted folder to your device’s internal memory.
3) Once done, disconnect your smartphone from the computer and follow the tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy A5 on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat given above to root your device.
4) Once you have successfully rooted your device, install Flashify app from Google play store and allow root permissions for this application.
5) After installing the Flashify app, launch it in your device and flash both the boot.img and recovery.img files, which you have saved in your device already (Step 2).
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Samsung Galaxy A5 smartphone on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating system. For confirmation, install Root Checker for Android from Google Play store and confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following the rooting tutorials given here, do let me know via comments.