Panasonic T40 is a good quality budget Android smartphone, which was released on October, 2014. The device comes with 4 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display, which is powered by a 1.3 GHz cortex A7 based processor with the support of 1 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system. If you own this device and looking for a way to gain root privileges, well then you are in the right page. Here, I have given a tutorial to root Panasonic T40!
By following the tutorial given here, you will be able to gain root privileges in your smartphone so that you can install custom ROM firmware (which is working on latest Android firmware), install custom-built Android applications (which only supports rooted devices), uninstall pre-installed applications in your device, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Panasonic smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back unless you unroot your device. So, think well about it before rooting your device.
1) The first step you will have to do before getting started with a rooting procedure is taking backup of personal data in your smartphone. Although the rooting tutorial I have given here is not a data-loss process, it will be safe to have a backup.
2) Now you will have to enable “Installation from Unknown sources” in your smartphone. To enable this option, follow this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown sources (just tap on it, to enable it).
3) Make sure that you have deactivated or uninstalled antivirus applications in your device as they interrupt the rooting procedure. Also, make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Panasonic T40 Without Computer:
1) To get started, download Towelroot apk (tr.apk) file directly to your device. While doing so, you might get a warning message stating that this file might harm your device. Just ignore it and download the APK file.
2) Once the tr.apk file is downloaded, click on it to install the Towelroot app in your device. While doing so, you will again get a warning message stating that the app is harmful because it contains code that will bypass Android security protections. Just ignore it and click on “Install Anyway” to install the app on your device.
3) Next, open up Towelroot app in your Panasonic smartphone and click on “make it ra1n” to begin the rooting process. Once the rooting process is finished, your device will automatically reboot.
4) That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your Panasonic T40 smartphone. To control the root permissions in your device, you will need to download and install Chainfire SuperSU from Google Play store.
Also, to confirm the root privileges in your smartphone use the root checker app from Google Plat store. If by chance that you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.