LG or Google Nexus 5 is a good quality Android smartphone which comes with 4.95 inch True HD IPS plus touchscreen display powered by 2.3 GHz processor along with 2 GB RAM and it runs on Android 5 Lollipop operating system which is upgradable up to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right page as I have a given a step by step tutorial to root Nexus 5 here.
Just by following the procedure given in this page, you will be able to root Google Nexus 5 smartphone without using a PC or Laptop computer. Once you have gained root privileges, you will be able to install stock or custom ROM firmware, remove applications which are pre-installed and do a lot other things.
WARNING: Rooting your Google Nexus smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back until you unroot your smartphone. So, think well about it before rooting your device.
1) Before getting started with a rooting procedure, it is important to take complete backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take a backup before getting started with the rooting procedure.
2) Next, enable “Unknown sources” in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown sources (enable this option to allow installation of apps from unknown sources).
3) Make sure that you have disabled or deactivated antivirus applications in your LG Nexus smartphone as they tend to disrupt the rooting procedure. Also, ensure that your device has good battery backup before getting started with the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting procedure given below.
Tutorial To Root Nexus 5 Without PC:
1) To get started, download Kingroot apk file to your device. While downloading, you might get some warning messages. Just ignore it and download the kingroot.apk file to your device.
2) Next, install the Kingroot application by clicking on the apk file. Once done, launch the application in your smartphone.
3) If you haven’t rooted your Nexus 5 smartphone, you will get the message “Root Access is Unavailable” in KingRoot app as shown in the screenshot below.
Now, click on “Start Root” to begin the rooting procedure.
4) Once you click on “Start Root” button, you will get a “Rooting” message with a circle. Once it reaches 100%, your device will be rooted.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting LG Google Nexus 5 smartphone without computer.
For confirmation, download Root Checker app from Google Play store and install it in your computer. Once done, run the application to verify your device’s root access.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments.