LG L80 is a decent quality Android smartphone, which comes with 5 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by 1.2 GHz dual-core processor along with 1 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system. If you own this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right place as I have given a step by step tutorial to root LG L80 here.
The procedure which I have given here doesn’t require PC or Laptop computer. So, just root your device without using a computer and get the ability to install custom ROM firmware’s, custom-built Android applications, remove pre-installed applications, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your LG smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it backup unless you unroot your smartphone. So, think well about it before proceeding with this rooting procedure.
1) The rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process but it won’t hurt to have a backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take a complete backup before getting started with the rooting process.
2) Next, enable Unknown Sources in your LG L80 smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Phone Administration (click on Unknown Sources to allow installation of apps from sources other than Google Play store).
3) Make sure that you have deactivated antivirus applications in your smartphone as they tend to interrupt the rooting procedure.
Once you finish all these preliminary tasks, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root LG L80 Without PC:
1) To get started, download Towelroot apk (tr.apk) file directly to your device. While doing so, you might get a warning message stating that this file might harm your device. Just ignore it and download the APK file.
2) Once the tr.apk file is downloaded, click on it to install towelroot app in your device. While doing so, you will again get a warning message stating that the app is harmful because it contains code that will bypass Android security protections. Just ignore it and click on “Install Anyway” to install the app in your device.
3) Once done, open up the towelroot app in your LG L80 smartphone and click on “make it ra1n” to launch the rooting procedure. Once the rooting process gets finished, your smartphone will reboot automatically.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting LG L80 smartphone using Towelroot one-click rooting application. For confirmation, download Root checker from Google Play store, install it in your device and confirm root access in your smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.