LG G2 is a decent quality Android smartphone, which comes with 5.2 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display powered by 2.26 GHz Quad-core processor along with 2 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system which is upgradable upto Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop). If you own this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right place as I have given a step by step tutorial to root LG G2 here.
This procedure doesn’t require any PC or Laptop to root your device. So, just Root LG G2 smartphone without using a computer and get the ability to install custom ROM firmware’s, remove pre-installed applications, custom-built Android applications. Etc.
WARNING: Rooting your LG smartphone will null its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it unless you unroot your smartphone. So, think well about it before proceeding with this rooting procedure.
1) First, make sure that you have deactivated all antivirus applications in your smartphone as they tend to interrupt the rooting procedure.
2) Now, the rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process but it won’t hurt to have a backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take a complete backup before getting started with the rooting process.
3) Then, make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
4) Now, enable Unknown Sources in your LG G2 smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Phone Administration (click on Unknown Sources to allow installation of apps from sources other than Google Play store).
Once you finish all these preliminary tasks, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root LG G2 Without PC:
1) To get started, download Towelroot apk (tr.apk) file directly to your device. While doing so, you might get a warning message stating that this file might harm your device. Just ignore it and download the APK file.
2) Once the tr.apk file is downloaded, click on it to install towelroot app in your device. While doing so, you will again get a warning message stating that the app is harmful because it contains code that will bypass Android security protections. Just ignore it and click on “Install Anyway” to install the app in your device.
3) Once done, open up the towelroot app in your LG G2 smartphone and click on “make it ra1n” to launch the rooting procedure. Once the rooting process gets finished, your smartphone will reboot automatically.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting LG G2 smartphone using Towelroot one-click rooting application. For confirmation, download Root checker from Google Play store, install it in your device and confirm root access in your smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.