Gionee Elife E6 is a decent quality and cheap Android smartphone, which came out with the following features: 5 inch touchscreen display, cortex A7 based 1.7 GHz quad-core process, 2 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 4.2 Jellybean operating system. If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to gain root privileges, well you are in the right website as I have given a tutorial to root Gionee Elife E6 here.
The rooting procedure which I have given here doesn’t require PC or Laptop computer. So, you can easily root your Gionee smartphone by following the tutorial in this page. Once you have rooted your device, you will be able to do the following tasks: uninstall system applications, install custom ROM firmware’s, install CWM recovery, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Gionee smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot your device. So, think well about it before rooting your smartphone.
1) The Gionee Elife E6 rooting procedure which I have given here is not a data-loss process. So, there is no need for you to take backup of personal data in your computer.
2) Next, you will need to enable “Unknown Sources” in your Gionee smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown Sources (enable this option to allow installation of apps from Unknown sources other than Google Play Store).
3) Ensure that you have uninstalled antivirus applications from your smartphone before getting started with the rooting procedure as they have a habit of interrupting the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Gionee Elife E6 Without PC:
1) To get started, download Framaroot apk to your smartphone. Next, install it in your device by clicking on framaroot.apk file. While doing so, you might get some warning messages. Just ignore them and install Framaroot in your device.
2) Once installed, open up the Framaroot application. Now, select “Install SuperSU” as the action to execute after root and then click on “Barahir” under the list of exploits to start the rooting process.
3) Once the rooting procedure gets finished, you will get the following message: Success. Superuser and SU binary installed. You have to reboot your device. Just click “Ok” and then reboot your smartphone to finish the rooting process.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Gionee Elife E6 android smartphone using Framaroot application. For confirmation, install Root Checker from Google Play Store and confirm the root privileges in your smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.