Asus Zenfone 2 is a good quality Android smartphone, which comes with 5.5 inch touchscreen display powered by a 2.3 GHz quad-core processor along with a 4 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop operating with a planned upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, then you are in the right page as I have given a tutorial to root Asus Zenfone 2 here.
By following the rooting tutorial given here, you will be able to root your Asus Zenfone 2 smartphone and thereby get the ability to install custom ROM firmware’s, custom-built Android applications, custom recoveries (CWM or TWRP recovery), etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Asus smartphone will void its warranty. Also, sometimes rooting might get your device bricked. So, if anything wrong happens to your device by following this tutorial, don’t held me liable. Proceed at your OWN risk.
1) Before getting started with the rooting tutorial given here, it is important to take backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take a backup using appropriate apps.
2) Next, enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t find Developer Options in your device, enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 7 times to enable it).
3) Download Asus Zenfone 2 USB driver and install it in your computer, so that you will be able to connect your smartphone with PC or Laptop computer.
4) Ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup before proceeding with the tutorial given here. Also, make sure that you have deactivated or uninstalled antivirus programs in your computer as they tend to derail the rooting process.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting procedure given below.
Tutorial To Root Asus Zenfone 2 Android Smartphone:
1) To get started, download Asus Zenfone 2 root package, extract its content and save them in a folder in your computer.
2) Next, connect your Asus Zenfone 2 smartphone with the computer using the original USB data cable.
3) Now in the root package extracted folder, click on “Root_zenfone.bat” file to start the rooting procedure.
4) Once it is over, reboot your device.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Asus Zenfone 2 Android smartphone. For confirmation, download and install Root Checker for Android from Google Play store and confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you would like to unroot your Asus Zenfone 2 smartphone, just click on “xoa_root” file in the root package extracted folder.
If you encounter any issues while following this root procedure, do let me know via comments.