In my previous tutorial, I have explain how you can root Samsung Galaxy Note 5 android device by flashing a custom Kernel in it. If you have followed that procedure and got root access, then let’s find out the way to install TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) recovery in Galaxy Note 5.
By flashing TWRP recovery in your Galaxy Note 5, you will be able to take a nandroid backup, install custom ROM firmware’s, install SuperSU and gain root privileges, etc.
WARNING: Do not held us liable or responsible for any damages occurs to your device by following this tutorial. Proceed at your OWN risk. Also, flashing TWRP recovery in Galaxy Note 5 will stop KNOX.
1) Before getting started with the tutorial given below, ensure that you have taken a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps.
2) Next, download Samsung Galaxy Note 5 USB driver and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with it successfully.
3) Now you will need to enable OEM unlock in your device by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable OEM Unlock. If you can’t see Developer Options in your device settings, then enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 7 times).
4) Ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the procedure. Also, ensure that you have deactivated or removed antivirus programs in your computer as they have a bad habit of interrupting the flashing procedure.
Once you have finished all these preliminary tasks, you can move forward with the main procedure given below.
Tutorial To Install TWRP Recovery In Galaxy Note 5:
1) To get started, ensure that your device has any one of the build numbers given below:
a) N920T (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – T-Mobile Variant)
b) N920C (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – International Variant)
c) N920i (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – International Variant)
d) N920W8 (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – Canadian Variant)
e) N920P (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – Sprint Variant)
f) N920K (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – Korean Variant)
g) N920S (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – Korean Variant)
h) N920L (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – Korean Variant)
If your device has a different build number, do not follow this procedure.
2) Now, download Odin zip package and extract it in a folder in your computer. Once done, click on the .exe file to launch Odin3 Window.
3) Next, download TWRP recovery for Galaxy Note 5, extract its zip package to get the TWRP-126.96.36.199-Alpha_N920T.tar.md5 file.
4) Now, switch off your device and boot it into the Download Mode by pressing the Home Button, Volume Down Button and Power Button simultaneously for few seconds. Once your device boots into the Download mode, connect it to the computer. If you have installed the USB driver properly, then Odin3 will recognize your device and you will see “Added” message in its Log.
5) Next, load the TWRP recovery image file in Odin3 by clicking on the AP button. Once done, go to “Option” tab in Odin3 and enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. Once done, disable Re-partition.
6) Now, click on the “Start” button in Odin3 to begin the flashing process and it will take few moments to get completed. Once the flashing process gets finished, your device will reboot automatically and you will see a “PASS” message in Odin3. Now, you can unplug your smartphone from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished flashing TWRP recovery in Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Tutorial To Boot Into Recovery Mode In Samsung Galaxy Note 5:
After flashing the TWRP recovery, you can boot into the recovery mode by first switching off your device and then by pressing the Home Button, Volume Up Button and Power Button simultaneously until you the “Recovery Booting” text message at the top of your screen.
Now, you can flash custom-built Android applications, custom ROM firmware’s, etc.
If you encounter any issues while following the TWRP recovery installation tutorial, do let me know via comments.