Micromax A45 is a decent-quality Android smartphone, which was released in June, 2012 with 3.5 inch touchscreen display powered by a 650 MHz processor. If you are using this device, then you might not be happy with its slower performance now. To resolve this issue, you will need to root your device. But for rooting, you will need to flash CWM recovery in Micromax A45 smartphone.
Only with the help of custom recovery (Clockworkmod recovery), you will be able to install SuperSU thereby gaining root privileges in your smartphone. Let’s find out the tutorial to flash clockworkmod (CWM) recovery in Micromax A45 Android smartphone.
WARNING: Follow the procedure given here carefully. If your device gets corrupted or soft-bricked while following this tutorial, don’t held me liable. Proceed at your OWN risk.
1) Before getting started with the recovery flashing process, it would be helpful if you take complete backup of personal data in your smartphone so that even if you lose your device data, you can use the backup to restore it later.
2) Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging mode in your smartphone. To do that, follow this path: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging (tick the box next to this option and when the prompt appears click “Ok”).
3) Next, ensure that your smartphone has at least 50-60% battery backup in it. Or else charge your battery fully before getting started with the flashing process. Also, make sure that you have uninstalled or deactivated antivirus programs in your computer as they tend to disrupt the flashing procedure.
4) Now, download Micromax A45 USB driver and install it in your computer. Only by doing so, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
Once you have completed all these tasks, you can move forward to the tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Flash CWM Recovery In Micromax A45:
1) To get started, download CWM recovery for Micromax A45 and save it in your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable and transfer the CWM recovery file (recovery.img) to your device’s SD card. Once done, unplug your smartphone from the computer.
2) Next, go to Google Play store in your mobile, search for “Mobileuncle MTK Tools” and install the app. Once installed, open it up and select “Flash Recovery from SD Card” and select the recovery.img file from SD card.
3) Now, you will get a prompt message in your mobile asking whether you really want to flash recovery. Just click “Ok” to continue with the flashing process.
That’s it. Now you have successfully flashed CWM recovery in Micromax A45 Android smartphone using Mobileuncle MTK Tools. To confirm the flashing process, switch off your device and press the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power Button simultaneously to boot into CWM recovery mode. If you are able to boot into CWM recovery, then the installation process is successfully finished.
If you encounter any issues while following this CWM recovery installation tutorial, do let me know via comments.