Last updated: June 22, 2017 at 17:10 pm
Odin is a Windows application, which is used for flashing stock ROMs, custom ROMs, custom recoveries (CWM or TWRP), etc., in Samsung smartphones and tablets. If you are using a Samsung smartphone and looking for a way to flash a custom ROM firmware, then using Odin is the best choice.
Odin is officially provided by Samsung. Using Odin, you can gain root privileges in almost all Samsung devices including the latest Samsung smartphones, tablets and Phablets (Galaxy Note series).
Features Of Odin:
1) Flash Stock ROM: If you have bricked your Samsung device and looking for a way to unbrick it, then you can use Odin and flash the stock ROM of your device. Once you flash the stock ROM, your device will get back to working condition again. Odin also helps in fixing the bootloop issue in your device.
2) Flash Kernel & Custom Recovery: Using Odin, you can flash modified kernel in your Samsung device. Apart from that, you can flash custom recoveries like CWM (ClockWork Mod) and TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) using Odin.
3) Flash Custom ROM & Root Packages: If you have gone tired of using the stock Android version in your device, then using Odin you can flash custom ROM firmware of your choice. Also, if you would like to gain root privileges in your Samsung smartphone, Odin will help!
Download Odin (All Versions):
Odin3 v3.12.7 – Latest Version
Points To Remember:
1) Odin is officially provided by Samsung. So, if you encounter any issues while using this tool, contact Samsung support team.
2) Using Odin for flashing stock ROM, custom ROM, CWM or TWRP recovery, etc., is very easy. Just connect your Samsung device to the computer in Download mode, load the .tar.md5 file in Odin and flash the file in your device.
3) If you use Odin to root your Samsung smartphone or tablet, you will lose your device’s warranty. Also, it is important to take a complete backup of personal data in your Samsung Android device before using the Odin tool.
4) If you would like to get rooting tutorials, firmware upgrade tutorials, etc., for your Samsung smartphone or tablet, visit our Samsung Category page. Also, if you would like to download Samsung USB drivers, check out this page.