Are you using a Xiaomi smartphone or tablet? If yes are you looking for an easy way to flash stock firmware in your device? If yes is your answer again, you are in the right page. Here I am going to explain how to use Xiaomi MI Flash tool for flashing stock firmware on your Xiaomi device.
By following the tutorial given here, you will be able to flash stock Android firmware on Xiaomi device.
1) Before getting started with the procedure, take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps, or else all the data’s will be wiped when you flash the firmware.
2) Download Xiaomi USB driver (based on device model number) and install it in your device. Only by doing installing the USB driver, you can connect your device with computer.
3) Make sure that your Xiaomi device comes with Qualcomm based chipset. If not, this tutorial will not work for you.
4) Deactivate antivirus programs on your computer as they tend to interrupt the flashing process.
5) Ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the firmware flashing tutorial given below.
How To Use Xiaomi MI Flash Tool For Flashing Firmware:
1) To get started, download Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool and install it in your computer.
2) Next, download Xiaomi stock ROM firmware (based on the model of your device) and extract it to a folder in your computer.
3) Now launch the Mi Flash Tool window. Once done, switch off your Xiaomi device and boot into the Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons. Once your device boots into the Fastboot mode, you will see the following image on your screen.
4) Next, connect your Xiaomi smartphone or tablet to your computer using the original data cable. Once done, go to the MiFlash Tool and click on the “Select” button to choose the firmware folder (Step 2).
5) Once you have selected the firmware file, click “Flash” on MI Flash Tool to launching the firmware flashing process.
6) It will take a minute or two for the flashing process to get finished and once it does, you will see the “Success” message as shown in the screenshot below.
That’s it. Now you have successfully flashed firmware on your Xiaomi device using the MIFlash Tool.
If you encounter any errors while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.