Are you using Qualcomm based Android smartphone or tablet? If yes, are you looking for a way to flash stock or custom firmware on your device? If yes is your answer, you are in the right page. Here, I have shared a tutorial on how to use Smart Phone Upgrade tool for flashing firmware on your Qualcomm smartphones and tablets.
By following the tutorial given here, you will be able easily use Smart Phone upgrade tool and install custom or stock firmware on your Android smartphone.
Warning: Flashing firmware on your smartphone is a risky process and if your device gets damaged during the procedure, don’t held me responsible. Please proceed at your OWN risk.
1) Before getting started with the procedure given here, take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps.
2) Next, download Smart Phone Upgrade Tool, extract the zip package and open the “Driver” folder. Now, click on “universaladbdriver.exe” file and install the driver on your computer.
3) Now, ensure that your device has at least 50% battery backup in it before getting started with the procedure.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the tutorial given below.
How To Use Smart Phone Upgrade Tool:
1) To get started, click “Smart Phone Upgrade Tool.exe” file and install the tool in your computer.
2) Once the application is successfully installed, launch the tool window.
3) Now, download the stock or custom ROM of your device and save it in a folder in your computer.
4) Next, switch off your smartphone. Once done, go to the Smart Phone Upgrade tool window, click on “Browse” button and select the .xml file from the folder where you have downloaded the firmware.
5) Once the firmware file is loaded in the tool, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. Now, smart phone Upgrade tool will detect your device and display the Port number as well. Once you see the “Port” number, you can click on “Start All” to begin the flashing process.
6) The flashing process will take a minute or two to get completed and once it does, you will get “Download Successfully” status message.
That’s it. Now you have successfully flashed firmware on your Qualcomm smartphone (tablet) using the Smart Phone Upgrade Tool.
If you encounter any issues while following this flashing tutorial, do let me know via comments.