The ZTE Axon 7 is a high-quality Android smartphone, which comes with 2.5 GHz quad-core processor along with 4GB of RAM and it runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) operating system. If you own this device and looking for a way to unlock its bootloader, you are in the right page as I have given a tutorial to unlock bootloader on ZTE Axon 7 here.
By following the tutorial given here, you can easily unlock the bootloader of your ZTE Axon 7 smartphone and get the ability to install custom ROM firmware of your choice.
WARNING: Unlock bootloader of your ZTE Axon 7 might get your device bricked. So, if anything wrong happens while you’re following this tutorial, don’t held us liable.
1) First, make sure that you have deactivated all antivirus applications in your smartphone and computer as they have a habit of interrupting the unlocking procedure.
2) Next make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the procedure. Also, take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps.
3) Now enable the USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings ->Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t see the developer options in your device, enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the Build Number for 5-7 times to enable it). Also tick the box “Enable OEM Unlock” in your device.
4) Follow our guide to flash TWRP recovery in ZTE Axon 7 and flash Team Win recovery in your device.
Once you finish all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the unlocking tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Unlock Bootloader On ZTE Axon 7:
1) To get started, download Minimal ADB and Fastboot and install it in your computer. Once done, launch its window.
3) Once downloaded, rename “twrp-3.0.2-0-a2017u.img” to “recovery.img”. Once done, make a copy of “recovery.img” and rename it to “recovery.bin“. Now copy and paste “axon7tool.exe”, “aboot.img“, “recovery.bin” and “recovery.img” to the installation folder of Minimal ADB and Fastboot (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot).
4) Now download TWRP UnlockBootloader to your computer. Once done, extract the zip file and save the “fastboot_unlock.img” to the installation folder of Minimal ADB and Fastboot (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot).
5) Now, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. Once successfully connected, enter the following commands one by one in Minimal ADB and Fastboot command prompt window:
adb push aboot.img/sdcard/
adb push fastboot_unlock.img/sdcard/
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fbop of=/sdcard/fbop_lock.img
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/aboot of=/sdcard/aboot_lock.img
adb pull /sdcard/fbop_lock.img
adb pull /sdcard/aboot_lock.img
adb shell dd if=/sdcard/fastboot_unlock.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fbop
adb shell dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/aboot
6) After all the above commands are executed, enter the following command to reboot your device into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
7) Once your device boots into the bootloader / fastboot mode, enter the following command to unlock bootloader of your device:
fastboot oem unlock
8) Now follow the on-screen instructions in your device and confirm that your want to unlock bootloader. Once the unlocking process is finished, your device will reboot normally.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished unlocking the bootloader of your Axon 7 smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.