OnePlus 3T is a top quality Android smartphone, which comes with 5.5 inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 quad core processor along with 6 GB RAM and it runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to unlock its bootloader, you are in the right page as I have given a tutorial to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 3T here.
By following the tutorial given here, you will be able to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 3T smartphone and get the ability to flash custom recovery.
WARNING: Unlocking bootloader on OnePlus 3T will void its warranty. Also, if you don’t follow the procedure given here carefully, you might brick your device. So, if anything bad happens to your smartphone, don’t held me liable.
1) Before getting started with the bootloader unlocking procedure, take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps.
2) Next, download OnePlus 3T USB driver and install it in your computer. Only by doing this, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
3) Now, enable “Developer Options” by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 5-7 times to enable Developer Options). Next, enable “USB Debugging” and “OEM Unlock” by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options.
4) Next, ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the procedure. Also make sure that you have uninstalled antivirus applications from your computer as they tend to interrupt the bootloader unlocking process.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 3T
1) To get started, download Minimal ADB and Fastboot and install it in your computer. Once done, launch its window.
2) Now, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. Next, enter the following command in Minimal ADB and Fastboot command prompt window:
adb reboot bootloader
Once you enter the above command, your device will reboot into the bootloader/fastboot mode.
3) Next, unlock bootloader on OnePlus 3T smartphone by entering the following command:
fastboot oem unlock
4) Once the unlocking process is finished, reboot your device by entering the following command:
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished unlocking bootloader on OnePlus 3T Android smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following this procedure, do let me know via comments.