HTC One S is a good quality Android smartphone, which comes with 4.3 inch super AMOLED touchscreen display powered by 1.5 GHz dual-core processor along with 1 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgradable upto to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Operating system. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right page as I have given a tutorial to root HTC One S here.
By following the rooting tutorial given here, you will be able to root HTC One S smartphone without using a PC or Laptop computer. Once you have rooted your device, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware’s, custom built Android applications, uninstall preinstalled system applications, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your HTC smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back until you unroot your device. So, think well about it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) Although the rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process, it won’t hurt to have a backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take a complete backup using appropriate apps.
2) Next, enable “Unknown Sources” in your device by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown Sources. Without enabling this option, you won’t be able to install apps from other sources apart from Google Play Store.
3) Ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, ensure that you have uninstalled antivirus programs from your device as they tend to disrupt the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting procedure given below.
Tutorial To Root HTC One S Without PC:
1) To get started, download Framaroot and install it in your device. Once the app is installed, launch it in your smartphone.
2) Next, under the “Select an action to execute after root“, choose “Install Superuser“. Once done, click on “Gandalf” under the list of exploits.
3) Framaroot will take a minute or two to your device rooted and once it does, you will get a success message stating Superuser and SU binary installed in your device. It will also ask you to reboot your smartphone.
4) Just reboot your smartphone to finish the rooting procedure.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting HTC One S Android smartphone without using a PC or Laptop computer. To confirm the root privileges in your smartphone use the Root Checker for Android app from Google Play Store.
If you encounter any issues while following the rooting procedure given here, do let me know via comments.