Asus Zenfone 4 is a good looking and quality android smartphone which comes with 4 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen display powered by 1.2 GHz Dual-core processor along with 1 GB RAM and the device runs on Android V4.3 (JellyBean) operating system which is upgradable upto Android V4.4.2 (KitKat). If you own this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, then you are in the right place as I have given a tutorial to root Asus Zenfone 4 here.
You can be able to root Asus Zenfone 4 smartphone by using the following tutorial given here and get the ability to custom-built Android applications, install custom ROM firmware’s, custom-made recoveries (TWRP or CWM recovery), etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Asus smartphone will void your device warranty and you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot it. So, think well before processing with the rooting procedure.
1) Make sure that your device has at least 50% to 60% of battery backup, as the rooting process is always a time-consuming one.
2) Although this rooting process is not a data-loss process, it won’t hurt to have a backup of your personal data in your device. So, take a complete backup before getting started with the rooting tutorial.
3) Next, enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t see the “Developer Options” under your device’s settings, enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number(tap on it for 5-7 times).
4) Now, download Asus Zenfone 4 USB Driver and install it in your computer. By doing this you will be able to connect your device with your computer.
Tutorial to Root Asus Zenfone 4:
1) To get started, download iRoot (formerly vRoot) and install the application in your computer. Once done, launch iRoot in your PC.
2) Now, connect your smartphone to the computer using original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB driver of your device in the computer properly, then iRoot will identify your device.
3) Next, click on the green “Root” button to begin the rooting process. Once the rooting process gets completed, your device will automatically reboot.
4) Now, click the “complete” button and unplug your smartphone.
That’s it. Now, you have successfully finished rooting Asus Zenfone 4 smartphone using iRoot One-Click Rooting tool. For confirmation install Root Checker for android in your device and confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, drop a comment below.