Xolo A500 Club is a decent quality Android smartphone, which comes with 4 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by 1.3 GHz dual-core processor and the device runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean which is up-gradable upto Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. If you are using this device and want to root it, then you are in the right page as I have given a tutorial to root Xolo A500 Club device here.
By following the rooting tutorial given in this page, you will be able to root your Xolo smartphone there by get the ability to install custom ROM firmware’s, remove unwanted pre-installed Android applications, install CWM recovery, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Xolo smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back unless you unroot your smartphone. Also, there is a chance that your device might get bricked while following the rooting procedure and if that happens, don’t held me liable. Proceed at your OWN risk.
1) Take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps. With this backup, you can restore your data if your device crashes during the rooting procedure.
2) Next, download Xolo A500 Club USB driver and install it in your computer. Only by installing the USB driver, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer.
3) Now enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t see the Developer Options in your Settings, then enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 7 times to enable Developer Options).
4) Ensure that your device at least 50-60% battery backup in it. Also, make sure that you have disabled antivirus programs in your computer as they tend to interrupt the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the tutorials given below.
Tutorial To Install CWM Recovery In Xolo A500 Club:
1) To get started, download Smart Phone Flash Tool, Xolo A500 Club CWM recovery and Android scatter file to your computer. Make sure that you have saved the recovery.img and MT6572_Android_scatter.txt file in the same folder where you have extracted the SP Flash Tool.
2) Now, launch SP Flash Tool with administrator privileges, click on Scatter-loading button and select the MT6572_Android_scatter.txt file.
3) Since you have saved the recovery.img in the SP Flash Tool folder, while loading Android scatter file, the recovery image will automatically load into the SP Flash Tool.
4) Now, download SuperSU to your computer and save it in your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone with the computer and transfer the SuperSU zip file to your device’s SD card. Once done, unplug your smartphone from the computer and switch it off by removing its battery. Once done, click on the “Download” button in Smart Phone flash tool and connect your device with the computer using the original USB data cable.
5) Once you connect your device with the computer, press the Power and Volume Up simultaneously for few seconds until you see a red bar. Now leave the phone as it is and the flashing process will begin. Once the flashing process gets finished, you will see a green circle in the SP Flash Tool with the message “Download Ok“.
6) Now, you can disconnect your smartphone from the computer. Do not switch on your smartphone until you finish the rooting procedure given below.
That’s it. Now you have successfully flashed CWM recovery in Xolo A500 Club smartphone.
Tutorial To Root Xolo A500 Club:
1) To get started, insert battery in your device and press the Power and Volume Down button simultaneously until your device boots into the CWM recovery mode.
2) Now, select “Install Zip from SD Card” and choose the SuperSU zip package in your SD card (use Volume buttons for navigation and Power button for selecting options) to begin the flashing process.
3) Once the flashing process gets finished, you can reboot your device.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Xolo A500 Club. For confirmation, open up your Apps Menu and look for SuperSU app. If you can find it there, the device is successfully rooted.
Alternatively, you can confirm the root privileges in your smartphone by using the Root Checker app, which is available in Google Play Store.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know by dropping a comment below.