Sony Xperia Z3 is a top-notch Android smartphone from Sony, which comes with 5.2 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display with Triluminos technology powered by 2.5 GHz quad-core processor along with 3 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating system. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right webpage as I have given a tutorial to root Sony Xperia Z3 here.
By following the rooting tutorial given here, you will be able to root Sony Xperia Z3 smartphone running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating system and get the ability to remove pre-installed applications, install custom ROM firmware’s, install custom-built Android applications, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Sony smartphone will void its warranty. Also, rooting might get your smartphone bricked. So, if anything bad happens to your smartphone while following this tutorial, do not held me responsible. Proceed at your OWN wish.
1) To get started, take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using Sony PC companion. We will use this backup to restore your data, if the device data gets lost during the rooting process.
2) Next, enable “Unknown Sources” in your smartphone by following the path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources (tick the box to enable installation of apps from unknown sources).
3) Ensure that your device is having 50-60% battery backup before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, make sure that your Sony Xperia Z3 build number is 23.1.A.28 by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number. If your device build number is different from the one given here, do not follow this procedure as it will brick your device.
4) Now, enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If Developer options is not visible under Settings, then enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for several times to enable Developer Options).
5) Download Sony Xperia Z3 USB driver and install it in your computer as it is the only way to connect your smartphone with your PC.
Upon finishing this prerequisites, you can move on to the tutorial to root Xperia Z3 without using a PC or Laptop Computer.
Tutorial To Root Sony Xperia Z3 On Android 5.0.2 Lollipop:
1) To get started, download Xperia Z3 root package (XperiaRoot_ALP.zip) and extract it in your computer. After extracting, you will get a folder named “XperiaRoot“.
2) In the “XperiaRoot” folder, you will see a sub-folder “ALP“. By opening it, you will see the following files:
3) Now, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable and transfer all the four files in the ALP folder to your smartphone. Once done, unplug your device from the computer.
4) Next, open up the folder in the smartphone where you have transferred the files from your computer and tap on “Root.apk” to install the app in your device.
5) Now, follow the same procedure and install “Busybox.apk” and “Recovery.apk“.
6) After successfully installing all the three apps, open up the “Recovery” app and tap on “Install Recovery” option.
7) Now, switch off your smartphone> Once done, boot it into the recovery mode by pressing the Power button and then the Volume Up or Down buttons few times.
8) After booting into the recovery mode, click on “Install” and point the “SuperSU.zip“, which you have transferred to your smartphone in Step 3.
9) After successful installation of SuperSU app, reboot your smartphone.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Sony Xperia Z3 smartphone on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware. For confirmation, install Root Checker for Android app and confirm the root privileges in your device.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.