Samsung Galaxy J5 is a top quality Android smartphone from Samsung. The device came out with the following features: 5 inch Super AMOLED touchscreen display, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 1.5 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right page as I have given a tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy J5 here.
By following the tutorial given here, you will be able to root Samsung Galaxy J5 which is running both on Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system. Once you have rooted your smartphone, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware, custom-built Android applications, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Samsung smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot your smartphone. Also, if you damage your device by following the rooting tutorial given here don’t held me liable. Proceed at your OWN risk.
1) Before getting started with a rooting tutorial, it is utmost important to take complete backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take complete backup using Samsung Kies or similar apps before proceeding with the rooting procedure.
2) Next, download Samsung Galaxy J5 USB driver and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with it successfully.
3) Enable USB debugging mode and OEM unlocking in your smartphone by following the path: Settings -> Developer Options (you can enable both USB debugging and OEM Unlocking from here). If you can’t see Developer Options in your smartphone, enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 5-7 times to enable Developer Options).
4) Ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, make sure that you have deactivated antivirus programs in your computer as they tend to disrupt the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished these tasks, you can go ahead and get started with the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy J5:
1) To get started, download CF Auto Root for your Samsung Galaxy J5 smartphone (based on the build number).
Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J5008
Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F
Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F/DS
Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN
Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500G
Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500H
Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500H/DS
Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500M
Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500N0
Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500Y
To check your build number, go to Settings -> About Phone (there you can see your device’s build number).
2) Once done, extract the Galaxy J5 CF Auto Root package and save the files in a folder in your computer.
3) Now, switch off your smartphone and boot it into the Download / Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down, Home and Power Button simultaneously. Once your device boots into the download mode, connect it to your computer using the original USB data cable.
4) Next, open the folder where you have extract the CF Auto Root .rar file and click on Odin3.exe to launch its Window. If you have installed the USB drivers of your device properly in your computer, then you will see “Added” message in Odin Log box. Also, the ID:COM will turn to blue color.
5) Now, click on “PDA” button in Odin and select the .tar.md5 file from the folder where you have extracted the CF Auto Root .rar package.
6) Next, click on “Start” button to begin the flashing process.
7) Once the flashing process gets finished, your device will reboot automatically. So, don’t panic. Also, you will be able to see a green pass message in the Odin Window.
Now, you can unplug your smartphone from the computer. That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Samsung Galaxy J5 Android smartphone using CF Auto Root. For confirmation, download Root checker app from Google Play store and check for root privileges. If the rooting process is successfully finished, you will get the following message: Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.