Lenovo IdeaPhone K860 is a brilliant Android smartphone, which comes with 5.0 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display, powered by 1.4 GHz Quad-core processor along with 1 GB RAM and the device runs on Android v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it then you are in the right place as I have given a tutorial with step by step instructions to root Lenovo IdeaPhone K860 here.
By following the tutorial given here, you can be able to root Lenovo IdeaPhone K860 without using a computer. After rooting your device, you can be able to install custom ROM firmware (which is using freshly released Android versions), uninstall pre-installed system applications, custom-built Android apps (which only supports rooted devices), etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Lenovo smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back until you unroot your device. So, think well about it before getting started with the rooting tutorial.
1) Although the rooting tutorial given here is not a data-loss process, it won’t hurt to have a backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take a backup before proceeding with the rooting procedure.
2) Ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before proceeding with this rooting procedure. Also, make sure that you have uninstalled all antivirus programs from your device before getting started with the rooting tutorial.
3) Now, enable “Unknown Sources” in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources. Only by enabling this option, you can be able to install non-market app “Framaroot” that is required for rooting your device.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Lenovo IdeaPhone K860 Without Computer:
1) To get started, download Framaroot app and install it in your device. Once installed, launch the Framaroot app.
2) Now in the Framaroot app, select “Install SuperSU” as the action to execute after root and click on the “Boromir” exploits to begin the rooting procedure.
3) Once the rooting process is finished, you will get the following message: Success. Superuser and SU binary installed. You have to reboot your device. Now, click “Ok” and reboot your device.
That’s it. Now, you have successfully finished rooting Lenovo IdeaPhone K860 Android smartphone without using a Laptop or Desktop computer. For confirmation, install Root Checker for Android app in your device and confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments.