InFocus M2 is a good quality Android smartphone, which comes with 4.2 inch touchscreen display powered by 1.3 GHz quad-core processor along with a 1 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to gain root privileges, then you are in the right webpage as I have given a tutorial to root InFocus M2 here.
Just by following the tutorial given here, you will be able to root your Android device successfully thereby getting the ability to install custom ROM firmware’s, or to install custom-built Android applications, or to unwanted pre-installed system applications, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your InFocus smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot your device. So think well about it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) Although the rooting procedure which I have given here is not a data-loss process, it is still safe to have a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take a full backup using appropriate apps.
2) Next, you will need to enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone. For that, first you will need to enable “Developer Options” by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (once you are in that screen, tap on the build number for 7 times to enable Developer options). Once enabled, you can enable USB debugging mode by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (tap on the box next to it to enable this option).
3) Now download InFocus M2 USB driver and install it in your Windows computer. Only by installing the USB drivers, you will be able to connect your android device with the computer successfully.
4) Make sure that your device has a good battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting process as it is a battery consuming one. Also, ensure that you have deactivated or uninstalled antivirus programs from your computer, as they will misjudge the Root Genius rooting kit for a malware.
Once you have finished all these basic tasks, you can move forward with the rooting procedure given below.
Tutorial To Root InFocus M2 Android Device:
1) To get started, download Root Genius One-Click Rooting tool to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the compressed file and click on “RootGenius.exe” to launch the application in your computer. Once launched, you will see the “No Device” message in the top right hand corner, along with the “Please Connect your Phone and Please confirm you’ve enabled USB Debugging” message in the center as shown in the screenshot below.
2) Now, connect your InFocus smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. Once done, the Root Genius application will identify your device and will show that the message “You don’t have root access yet“. The application will also have a big round “Root” button.
3) Click on the “Root” button to begin the rooting process. Now, the root genius will show the message “Please wait while rooting” along with a percentage circle as shown in the screenshot below.
4) Once the percentage level reaches 100%, you will get the following message “Congrats! You’ve got root access now“. Now, you can disconnect your device from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting InFocus M2 using Root genius. For confirmation, open up your App Menu and look for “KingUser” application. If you can find it there, then your device is successfully rooted. You can also confirm the root privileges of your InFocus smartphone using the Root Checker Application, which is available in Google Play Store.
If for any reason, you would like to unroot your InFocus M2 smartphone, just follow the tutorial to uninstall KingUser and unroot your Android smartphone.
If you encounter any difficulties while following this rooting procedure, you can drop in a comment below. I will get back to you with a solution as soon as possible.