Asus Zenfone 2 Laser is a good quality Android smartphone, which comes with 5.5 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by 1.2 GHz octa-core processor along with 2GB RAM and the device runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system which is upgradable upto Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you won this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right place as I have given a tutorial to root Asus Zenfone 2 Laser here.
By following the tutorial given here, you will be able to root your Asus smartphone and get the ability to install custom-built Android applications (which only supports rooted devices), custom ROM firmwares, custom recoveries (TWRP or CWM recovery), etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Asus smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back until you unroot your device. Also, if anything bad happens to your smartphone while following this tutorial don’t held me liable. Proceed at your OWN risk.
1) To get started, take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps. If your device gets crashed during the rooting procedure, we can use this backup to restore data.
2) Next, download Asus Zenfone 2 Laser USB driver and install it in your computer as it is only way to connect your smartphone with computer successfully.
3) Now, enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t see the “Developer Options” under your device’s settings, enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 5-7 times).
4) Make sure that you have deactivated or uninstalled antivirus programs from your computer. Also, ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
Upon finishing these prerequisites, you can move forward to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE500KL/ZE500KG/ZE500ED/ZE500RD):
1) To get started, download Minimal ADB and Fastboot and install it in your computer. Once done, launch its Window.
2) Now, download Asus Zenfone 2 Root package, extract it and save the mod_boot.img file to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot).
3) Next, switch off your smartphone and boot it into the Fastboot mode by pressing the Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously.
4) Once your device is in Fastboot mode, connect it to your computer using the original USB data cable. Once done, enter the following command in Minimal ADB and Fastboot window.
fastboot boot mod_boot.img
5) Once you enter the above command, your device will reboot automatically and it will root access.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Asus Zenfone 2 Laser smartphone. This method will work on the following variants:
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE500KL
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE500KG
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE500ED
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE500RD
For confirmation, install Root Checker for Android from Google Play store and confirm the root privileges in your device.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.